Our Aims :
At Lanterns we will:-
- Provide a range of inclusive services to support, nurture and enable all children and families to flourish, develop confidence and self-esteem.
- Promote learning as a life long opportunity to improve outcomes for all children and adults.
- Provide an exciting learning environment for children, that builds on what children already know and can do.
- Recognise and value the role parents/carers play in their child’s learning and work in partnership with families.
- Offer information and opportunities to all Centre users to enable them to take a more active role in their own personal development.
- Encourage and enable families to actively participate in the ongoing development of the Centre.
- Identify, listen and respond to the needs of the families that use the Centre and those within the wider community.
- Promote a full range of inclusive services and activities within the local community, ensuring access for all.
- Work together with a wide range of professionals and agencies so that services are relevant and accessible to the families in our community.
- Work with Further and Higher educational establishments in our community to promote their active participation in the work of the Centre for the mutual benefit of children, students and staff.
- Maintain and develop our links with early educational professionals locally, nationally and internationally, focussing on sharing the ongoing delivery of high quality inclusive early years education capable of meeting the needs of every child and family in our communities.